Saturday, August 28, 2010

I HEART Etsy

So let me tell you, if you don't know, about my love of Etsy.  It is like Ebay, but for crafty, homemade items.  Like quilts, fabric, patterns, etc.  I spend hours looking at stuff.  Mostly looking, sometimes buying.  What is superb about Etsy is the new bunch of pics that show up when you first go to the site.  It is usually some beautiful, color-coordinated assortment of stuff.  Check out the one I got tonight...


I love aqua and red.  Someday I'm going to make an aqua and red quilt for myself.  But right now, all I can do cruise Etsy, longingly....LOL.  But this is what I discovered today.  A fabric moratorium has no impact on buying finished quilts from Etsy sellers.  You see, I really think that I have an obligation as a fellow quilter to support some of these artists.  Let me show you what I bought today.... ;-)  from moonspiritstudios....


How cute is this little Poppy wallhanging.  It is only about 8" x 17"....so cute for my classroom. 

From QuiltsandQuotes...a heart!

Now how shizzley is this little heart wallhanging.  It is barely bigger than a postcard, but oh so adorable!

Etsy is easy to use, easy to pay, and what a place for all sorts of crafters to get together.  Oh yeah, check out the bookmarks (hand dyed fabric) that I've purchased for my family.  They come is lots of colors...


Now, the lady who does the bookmarks also sells her fabric.  Rubymountaindyeworks is her Etsy shop.  Super cool stuff, if you aren't on fabric restriction.  Also, there are lots of independent fabric sellers/shops...you might be able to find fabrics that are hard to find (because you let them linger in your stash too long before making your project...lol...GUILTY!).  There is also jewely, crocheted items, and origami...everything!!  How cool....LOVE IT!

Honestly, I was hesitant to buy a quilt someone else made.  But then I thought, hey, I'm a good quilter, but I'm certainly not able to make everything that I want to...or everything I think is cool.  So why shouldn't I support a fellow quilter who is making some great stuff....and having fun at it??!!  If you haven't checked it out, do so immediately.  The search feature at the top allows you narrow your search...but be warned, you can end up with 90 pages of "quilts".....lots to choose from!  It is also a great place to get ideas....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!