Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bliss Baby Quilt....

So a colleague at work is having a baby girl.  The shower is in two weeks so I didn't have much time to make a regular quilt (and get it quilted) so....a rag quilt!!  I used the Bliss fabric (yes, this did necessitate a trip to the fabric shop for a bit of Bliss--but I swear, I only bought what I needed!!!).  She couldn't decide her colors for the baby's room so I just figured that I'd make what I would want if i were having a baby girl!  LOL....


It still needs to have the ragged edge parts cut and a good washing/drying.  But itsn't it cute??  I'll post a final pic when it is done...along with a couple other things I'm adding for the shower.

Rebecca isn't enjoying piecing the Syracuse quilt.  She has only done the "X" part and the trimming at the end.  Turns out the whole sewing of the body of the quilt isn't that hot.  Apparantly, if your seams aren't all equal then you quilt will be difficult to piece together (rows to rows).  LOL...who knew???  ;-D

Well, it is finally raining here in Las Vegas.  I have to find something, like a coat, to wear and get Ryan in some pants, I think.  Only bad Moms let their kids go to school in the cold rain, right?



8 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the bliss fabric! I've only made one rag quilt and can't wait to make another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bliss is an awesome fabric. I love the baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Bliss collection... a great choice for a baby girl quilt gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in agreement too. Bliss is one of my fav fabric ranges at the moment. Love your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rag quilts are great for quick gifts but I sure hate to snip! It takes longer to snip than it does to put the quilt together, at least for me it does.

    I'm really liking this Bliss! I got my prize today...I'll be starting a quilt for my granddaughter this weekend. Your little Halloween card was great! I make cards too and this one is a keeper. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby quilt is Blissful! How's that for a corny joke?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those colors, great choice for a baby girl!! Rag quilts are one of my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like how you rag all the layers together all at once. I'm certain that gives it a nice weight as well.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!