Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fabric Bucket...

I saw some nesting bowls that Jeni made on In Color Order and I though I should make them....but then I was too cheap to buy the pattern because of the new longarm AND Ryan needed Round 2 of braces suddenly (if I had known that was coming this week I might have reconsidered the longarm....maybe).  So I'm on a budget now--only necessary quilting items!!  ;-)  wink, wink....

So I did what every budget-conscious quilter does and I Googled "fabric bowl tutorial" and found several lovely and FREE options.  I went with this one from The Stichin' Chicken... The Fabric Bucket Tutorial.  I did use fusible fleece inside as the batting and I think I need to buy a bolt and make a bunch of these little buckets...


I made the pattern that they had in their tutorial and used a vintage sheet for the outside and a little aqua fabric that I had in my stash.  As a bonus, I made a little coaster/mug rug??  as a companion for the basket.  I plan on putting cleaning rags for the longarm in the basket and using this pair in the new quilting room!!

Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. I love your bucket! I want one. Lets have a bucket making party?

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!